Rules: Via Tracy.
1. Answer all the questions below in either the comments here or post it on your own site. If you post it on your own site you have to come back and give the link here so I/Kris can mosey on over and see if you answered correctly have a sticky beak.
2. You have to tag two other people once your done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.
3. Instead of a meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferably a twofer. It is an m/m meme after all. 😉
Cookie? You’ve been warned. There shall be more than one cookie.
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction?
Dunno. I read Poppy Z. Brite years ago and have been a bit hooked ever since. Ebooks though, only the last couple of years. AND the best thing this year has been having an iPod Touch and now an iPhone. 🙂 Reading on my laptop sucked.
2. What was the first book you read in this genre?
3. Are you ‘out’ as a reader?
Srsly? My partner knows what I read, they’re all on the shelves behind his chair in the office. Can’t miss them! I also have all my pron comics filed under his desk in a special comics box. I am a stationary nerd, cardboard backing and individual plastic baggies. I also have RL friends who I do book swaps with.
4. Ebooks, print or both?
Both. Mainly ebooks though as print is terribly expensive to get in.
5. Do you buy direct from publishers or from secondary sellers?
6. Prove you’re a Book Slut. How many books would you say you buy a week?
2-3 and sometimes more. I read fast!
7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer?
Often sucked in by a cover, read the blurb, but never read excerpts. Unless it is pron by JL Langley. heh.
8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them?
I read reviews by 3-4 people who seem to rate books like I do and if they rave, I tend to buy it. I like looking at overall ratings.
9. Who’s your fave publisher?
I have 3 or 4. Samhain, MLRP, Loose Id and Liquid Silver rate high for me as they’re consistent in their quality.
10. What about authors? Your top two only!!
Sorry, has to be three. Josh Lanyon, KA Mitchell and JL Langley. Oh, and Astrid Amara and LB Gregg. Thats 5. It’s a big list!!! Plus, Kris is a wee way away. I’m not scared… O-o
11. Is there a sub-genre you particularly dis/like?
Not really, as long as it is well written I’d read a cereal box!
12. Short or long?? *rolls eyes* And, no, I’m not talking about cocks.
Both, but I do prefer longer books. Gives loads of time to develop rich worlds and characters.
13. Anything turn you off about m/m or is all just glorious smut to you?
Crying. Few tears I can cope with. Page after page of overwrought drivel is a huge turn off and I usually start wishing someone would harden the fuck up.
14. Finish this sentence. You know it’s m/m twu wuv when…
I dunno. A few grandiose declarations and everyone gets over their angst? Much coming in unison? Pretty much like most romance novels. If it is pron there’s usually an orgy.
15. What trope or theme are you heartily sick of in m/m romance?
16. If you could choose any 3 characters for a m/m/m who would they be?
Captain Nathaniel Hawkins from My Fair Captain by JL Langley, Jake Romero from With Caution by JL Langley and David Cooke from Happy Ending by LB Gregg. Merow.
17. What new GLBTQ release are you most hanging out for right now?
Sterling’s story from JL Langley. Jesus wept, leave me hanging much!!!!!!
18. What GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year?
Actually, it has to be Black Wade. It fucking rocks. It is hot, damn gorgeous and so romantic your toes will curl.
19. What do you think we’ll see more of in m/m romance in 2010?
What the hell is with the Steampunk? Bunch of Victorian men with lasers? Are they hoping to create a trend? I want more fantasy/sci fi stuff, maybe some well written shifters. Maybe Shelley Laurenston will cross over? I live in hope.
20. Don’t you agree that author Josh Lanyon should kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan?
I am going to put this last comment down to living to Kris living in Australia. O-o. Must be the heat. It’s turned her a little funny.
So, apprently I have to *tag* someone else with this, please no anger. Blame Kris. Srsly.